ORDER BY ????

From
"Marcin Wasilewski"
Date:
hello everybody,
Can you help me?

I have POSTGRESQL 7.0.3,
I try to create simple view by typing.

create view "xx" as select "aa.yy", "bb.yy" from "yy" order by "bb.yy"

the problem is that parameter order is not implemented with create view.
so how can I create such simple query??

Best regards
Marcin

Re: ORDER BY ????

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Marcin Wasilewski wrote:

> hello everybody,
> Can you help me?
>
> I have POSTGRESQL 7.0.3,
> I try to create simple view by typing.
>
> create view "xx" as select "aa.yy", "bb.yy" from "yy" order by "bb.yy"
>
> the problem is that parameter order is not implemented with create view.
> so how can I create such simple query??

You probably want the order by on the select queries on "xx".  I
believe order bys are only legal on cursor creation and direct select
statements.