testing last sanpshot in QNX platform

From
"Maurizio"
Date:
hi,

Sorry if you receive this message again . I just sent it yesterday with attached the config file but probably was too large.

I come back in office after a long period out for work.
Yesterday I have downloaded  the last snapshot.

When I execute configure I have an error compiling conftest.
Seems that non found some librarys but in the previus lines (when execute the check write yes)

The last version I have checked was 7.1 b3 and all works fine.

This is only the last few lines of the config.log file.
-----

configure:6840: checking test program
configure:6849: gcc -o conftest.map      conftest.c -lz -lunix -lresolv -lPW -lgen -lBSD -lcompat -lld -ldld -llc -lIPC -lipc -lnsl -lsocket -ldl -lm -lbsd -lsfio -lunix 1>&5
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'resolv'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'PW'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'gen'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'BSD'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'compat'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'ld'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'dld'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'lc'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'IPC'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'ipc'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'nsl'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'dl'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'bsd'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'sfio'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'resolv'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'PW'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'gen'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'BSD'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'compat'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'ld'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'dld'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'lc'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'IPC'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'ipc'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'nsl'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'dl'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'bsd'
cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'sfio'
configure: failed program was:
#line 6845 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
int main() { return 0; }

-----
Has someone any suggestion ?

Thanks

Maurizio Cauci
DREAMTECH di Cauci Maurizio
Via Ronchetti, 2 - 21013 Gallarate (VA)
www.dreamtech-it.com

Re: testing last sanpshot in QNX platform

From
Peter Eisentraut
Maurizio writes:

> configure:6840: checking test program
> configure:6849: gcc -o conftest.map      conftest.c -lz -lunix -lresolv -lPW -lgen -lBSD -lcompat -lld -ldld -llc
-lIPC-lipc -lnsl -lsocket -ldl -lm -lbsd -lsfio -lunix 1>&5

> cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'resolv'
> cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'PW'
[etc]

This means that earlier in configure it was determined that these
libraries existed (see "checking for main in -lxxx") but now it doesn't
work anymore.  Not sure why this could happen, given that people have used
QNX previously.  (At least they got past this point.)

What's curious here is that it wants to name the output program
"conftest.map", which looks like it detected ".map" as the executable
extension (ordinarily only used for ".exe" on Windows).  What's also
curious is that the error message doesn't look like anything "gcc" would
produce.  I think this might be a case of a messed up compiler
installation and/or a case of a user cheating with configure to cover up
for that fact.  ;-)  Some more information about your compiler setup and a
peek into config.log near the compiler detection tests could shed some
light onto the problem.

Re: testing last sanpshot in QNX platform

From
"Maurizio"
Date:
Strange. The compiler work with all my old project and also with the old
version of postgresql.
However I will search the problem and I will post the risult.

Maurizio

.