Beta6 for Tomorrow?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
I know there are still discussions going on concerning the whole fsync
issue, but, from what I've been following, its purely a performance issue
then anything ...

Now that Tom's patch is in place for the XLOG stuff, I'd like to put out a
Beta6 tomorrow for testing, with an RC1 schedualed for next week ...

Is there anything *major* left, other then the fsync issue, that needs to
be resolved?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Beta6 for Tomorrow?

Date:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Is there anything *major* left, other then the fsync issue, that needs to
> be resolved?

Don't believe so.

I'm testing xlog fsync revisions now, should be ready to commit in an
hour or so.  (I'm just curious to see what it does to the pgbench
results...)
        regards, tom lane

Re: Beta6 for Tomorrow?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Is there anything *major* left, other then the fsync issue, that needs to
> > be resolved?
>
> Don't believe so.
>
> I'm testing xlog fsync revisions now, should be ready to commit in an
> hour or so.  (I'm just curious to see what it does to the pgbench
> results...)

Okay, I'll wrap up beta6 tomorrow, give a weekend for ppl to test, and
*finally* roll out RC1 if nobody has anything major that creeps up ...:)