pgaccess Japanese input capability patch

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi Teodorescu,

I have made patches which enable pgaccess to input Japanese characters
in the table editing window. As you might know, to input Japanese
characters, we first type in "hiragana" then convert it to "kanji". To
make this proccess transparent to tcl application programs, libraries
are provided with localized version of Tcl/Tk. The patches bind
certain keys to initiate a function (kanjiInput) that is responsible
for the conversion process. If the function is not available, those
keys will not be binded.

Comments?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: pgaccess Japanese input capability patch

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >
> > Hi Teodorescu,
> >
> > I have made patches which enable pgaccess to input Japanese characters
> > in the table editing window. As you might know, to input Japanese
> > characters, we first type in "hiragana" then convert it to "kanji". To
> > make this proccess transparent to tcl application programs, libraries
> > are provided with localized version of Tcl/Tk. The patches bind
> > certain keys to initiate a function (kanjiInput) that is responsible
> > for the conversion process. If the function is not available, those
> > keys will not be binded.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Applied!!
>
> Cannot test them :-) , still lack of time to learn japanese :-)

Thanks. I will apply same patches to the PostgreSQL current.

> BTW, please send me a GIF snapshot of PgAccess showing text in japanese!
> Might be interesting to put it into the web page!

Sure. I will send you it by private email.
--
Tatsuo Ishii