Unable to check out REL7_1 via cvs

From
Yusuf Goolamabbas
Date:
Hi, I am using the following command to check out the 7.1 branch of
PostgreSQL.
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot co -r REL7_1 pgsql

This is the error I am getting.
cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied

I can check out HEAD perfectly alright

Anybody else seeing similar results ?

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg@outblaze.com

Re: Unable to check out REL7_1 via cvs

From
Alfred Perlstein
Date:
* Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com> [001222 15:34] wrote:
> Hi, I am using the following command to check out the 7.1 branch of
> PostgreSQL.
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot co -r REL7_1 pgsql
>
> This is the error I am getting.
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied
>
> I can check out HEAD perfectly alright
>
> Anybody else seeing similar results ?

Try using "cvs -Rq ..." or just use CVSup it's (cvsup) a lot quicker.

Re: Unable to check out REL7_1 via cvs

From
Yusuf Goolamabbas
Date:
Nope, no luck with cvs -Rq also. Me thinks its some repository
permission issue. Don't know if CVSup would help either. I don't have
cvsup installed on this machine.

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg@outblaze.com

Re: Unable to check out REL7_1 via cvs

Date:
Use HEAD.  REL7_1 is a tag, not a branch (and a misplaced tag at that,
IMHO, since it's not the formal release or even close...)
        regards, tom lane

Date:
* Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com> [001222 15:47] wrote:
> Nope, no luck with cvs -Rq also. Me thinks its some repository
> permission issue. Don't know if CVSup would help either. I don't have
> cvsup installed on this machine.

CVSup would work, that's what I use.

Re: Unable to check out REL7_1 via cvs

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Yusuf Goolamabbas writes:

> Hi, I am using the following command to check out the 7.1 branch of
> PostgreSQL.
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot co -r REL7_1 pgsql

I don't think there is a 7.1 branch yet, there being no 7.1 release yet
either.