AW: SourceForge & Postgres (attdispursion)

From
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Date:
> btw anyone trying this query should use: "attdispersion"

I see it, yes. Was this an intended change ? I am quite sure, that it was
attdisbursion in 7.0 ?

Andreas

HELP! foreign eys & inheritance

From
Horst Herb
Date:
The following example worked in previous versions (7.0.2 was the last I
tested), but not in 7.1 any more:

create table parent (
global_id serial
);

create table child (
anything text
) inherits (parent);

create table foreign (
fk_id int4 references parent(global_id) on update cascade on delete no action
) inherits (parent);

test.sql:83: ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced
table "child" not found
WHY ???

I would appreciate any help. Our database depends heavily on this.

Horst

Re: AW: SourceForge & Postgres (attdispursion)

Date:
> I see it, yes. Was this an intended change ? I am quite sure, that it was
> attdisbursion in 7.0 ?

Yes, I couldn't spell dispersion in the past.  :-)

Pennsylvania19026