(one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available.

From
Alfred Perlstein
Date:
I know you guys are pretty busy with the upcoming release but I
was hoping for more interest in this work.

With this (which needs forward porting) we're able to cut
vacuum time down from ~10minutes to under 30 seconds.

The code is a nop unless you compile with special options(MMNB)
specify the special vacuum flag (VLAZY) and doesn't look like it
messes with anything otherwise.

I was hoping to see it go into 7.0.x because of the non-intrusiveness
of it and also because Vadim did it so he should understand it so
that it won't cause any problems (and on the slight chance that it
does, he should be able to fix it).

Basically Vadim left it up to me to campaign for acceptance of this
work and he said he wouldn't have a problem bringing it in as long
as it was ok with the rest of the development team.

So can we get a go-ahead on this? :)

thanks,
-Alfred

----- Forwarded message from Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> -----