Import text field

From
"Carlos Jacobs"
Hi:
I have a MS Access database with tables containing TEXT fields.
I need import that info in a postgres 7 table.
How to do it?
If I use copy from, dont work.

tia

Carlos Jacobs

Re: Import text field

From
Andrew McMillan
Date:
Carlos Jacobs wrote:

> Hi:
> I have a MS Access database with tables containing TEXT fields.
> I need import that info in a postgres 7 table.
> How to do it?
> If I use copy from, dont work.

I have a perl program which will import this sort of multi-line CSV data
that is not handled by the COPY ... DELIMITER ... sort of mechanism in
PostgreSQL.

E-mail me privately if you want a copy.

Regards,                Andrew.
--
_____________________________________________________________________           Andrew McMillan, e-mail:
Andrew@cat-it.co.nz

How to use nested select statements

From
Sanjay Arora
Date:
Hello everybody

First of all I wold like to thank you in advance because I am sure
that I would get my answer immediately.

Well I want to use nested select statements ,is it possible.
Is there any counterpart for 'Sysdate from dual' as in Oracle

with Regards

Sanjay Arora

Re: How to use nested select statements

From
Don Baccus
Date:
At 08:31 PM 11/29/00 +0530, Sanjay Arora wrote:

>Well I want to use nested select statements ,is it possible.

In PG 7.0 you can use subselects in the "where" clause.

>Is there any counterpart for 'Sysdate from dual' as in Oracle

You don't need "dual", just "select now()" will work.

If you're porting Oracle code, you can make life a lot easier by
defining some stuff:

create function sysdate() returns datetime as '
begin  return ''now'';
end;' language 'plpgsql';

create view dual as select sysdate();

Then "select sysdate from dual", "select (any expression) from dual", etc all do what
you'd expect.