The Data Base System is in recovery mode

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
Pointers to what this is?  Do we have it documented anywhere?  Search
engine, of course, is done, so can't search there ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> Pointers to what this is?  Do we have it documented anywhere?  Search
> engine, of course, is done, so can't search there ...

From experience, not from code knowledge, this happens when some backend
crashed and took the others with it and the postmaster is _recovering_
from that event (i.e., reinitializing).  Should go away in a few seconds,
normally.