PQsetdbLogin

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
I just read in fe-connect.c that the use of PQsetdbLogin is not recommended
anymore. Shall I replace the call in libecpg? But then psql also uses this
function I think.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: PQsetdbLogin

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Michael Meskes writes:

> I just read in fe-connect.c that the use of PQsetdbLogin is not recommended
> anymore. Shall I replace the call in libecpg?

You need to if you want to provide SSL functionality.

> But then psql also uses this function I think.

I was lazy. :)

Re: PQsetdbLogin

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 09:59:03PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> You need to if you want to provide SSL functionality.

Okay, I see. Is there another interface that already uses the new functions
so I can simply copy that stuff?

Michael