Hmm ... shouldn't path_distance be MIN distance not MAX distance?

Date:
I just noticed that path_distance() in geo_ops.c (the "<->" operator
for path datatype) claims to be computing the minimum distance between
any two line segments of the two paths, but actually it's computing the
maximum such distance.

Isn't this broken?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Hmm ... shouldn't path_distance be MIN distance not MAX distance?

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> I just noticed that path_distance() in geo_ops.c (the "<->" operator
> for path datatype) claims to be computing the minimum distance between
> any two line segments of the two paths, but actually it's computing the
> maximum such distance.
> Isn't this broken?

Sure sounds like it :(

                  - Thomas