Type formatting and oidvectortypes

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
The oidvectortypes function, mostly used by psql \df, formats types
separated by spaces:
varchar float8 timetz int4

which would look a little odd when canonical type names are used:
character varying double precision time with time zone integer

I suggest that we separate the types by <comma><space>, which also looks a
little more like how they are invoked in a function call.

Concerns?

Re: Type formatting and oidvectortypes

Date:
> I suggest that we separate the types by <comma><space>, which also looks a
> little more like how they are invoked in a function call.

No strong objections here.  I'm not very concerned about backwards
compatibility because there probably aren't many apps besides psql
that use oidvectortypes at all.  (Heck, we renamed the function in
7.0, and I don't recall many complaints...)
        regards, tom lane