Statistical aggregates

From
JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Date:
Hi,
   while  moving  my  development environment onto my notebook I   found a little module that needed  to  go  into
contrib. It   provides  aggregates  for variance and standard deviation for   float8. Can be found now under
contrib/statmath.
   While doing so I noticed that at least the fti Makefile has a   bug.  The MODULE_PATH in the .sql.in is replaced
with.sql at   the end instead of .so as it should be. Might have to do with   the contrib cleanup done lately.

Jan

Re: Statistical aggregates

From
Karel Zak
Date:
On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     while  moving  my  development environment onto my notebook I
>     found a little module that needed  to  go  into  contrib.  It
>     provides  aggregates  for variance and standard deviation for
>     float8. Can be found now under contrib/statmath.
>
>     While doing so I noticed that at least the fti Makefile has a
>     bug.  The MODULE_PATH in the .sql.in is replaced with .sql at
>     the end instead of .so as it should be. Might have to do with
>     the contrib cleanup done lately.

Sorry, my faul. I fog '$@' instead '$<'. Nice on this bug is that
I copy this to more contrib Makefiles..... grrrr :-((
Well, I directly now correct it. The patch will after one hour...
            Karel

Re: Statistical aggregates

From
Karel Zak
Date:
On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Karel Zak wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     while  moving  my  development environment onto my notebook I
> >     found a little module that needed  to  go  into  contrib.  It
> >     provides  aggregates  for variance and standard deviation for
> >     float8. Can be found now under contrib/statmath.
> >
> >     While doing so I noticed that at least the fti Makefile has a
> >     bug.  The MODULE_PATH in the .sql.in is replaced with .sql at
> >     the end instead of .so as it should be. Might have to do with
> >     the contrib cleanup done lately.
> >

>  Sorry, my faul. I fog '$@' instead '$<'. Nice on this bug is that                 ^^^^^^        idiotism - it must
bedirectly .so

Karel Zak wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Karel Zak wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >     while  moving  my  development environment onto my notebook I
> > >     found a little module that needed  to  go  into  contrib.  It
> > >     provides  aggregates  for variance and standard deviation for
> > >     float8. Can be found now under contrib/statmath.
> > >
> > >     While doing so I noticed that at least the fti Makefile has a
> > >     bug.  The MODULE_PATH in the .sql.in is replaced with .sql at
> > >     the end instead of .so as it should be. Might have to do with
> > >     the contrib cleanup done lately.
> > >

> >  Sorry, my faul. I fog '$@' instead '$<'. Nice on this bug is that
>                     ^^^^^^
>             idiotism - it must be directly .so
   I used $(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX) in my Makefile. Not all platforms   use .so for dynamic loadable objects.

> > I copy this to more contrib Makefiles..... grrrr :-((
> >
> >  Well, I directly now correct it. The patch will after one hour...

Jan

Re: Statistical aggregates

Date:
Shouldn't the new statistics routines go into the main tree?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Statistical aggregates

From
Karel Zak
Date:
On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

> > >  Sorry, my faul. I fog '$@' instead '$<'. Nice on this bug is that
> >                     ^^^^^^
> >             idiotism - it must be directly .so
>
>     I used $(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX) in my Makefile. Not all platforms
>     use .so for dynamic loadable objects.

Yes. In the contrib it is already fixed. I used:

$(SED) "s|MODULE_PATHNAME|$(CONTRIB_MODDIR)/$(@:.sql=$(DLSUFFIX))|" < $< >$@
I hope that it will right.
                Karel