Re: AW: AW: AW: Modified pg_dump & new pg_restore need testing...

From
Philip Warner
Date:
At 10:56 3/07/00 +0200, Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

>Do we already check for zlib ? It is probably not available everywhere.

That may be true - although I thought it was pretty universal.

I will have a look at using something 'HAVE_ZLIB' setting to enable/disable
compressed output...I presume 'configure' needs to be changed? Is that right?

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Re: AW: AW: AW: Modified pg_dump & new pg_restore need testing...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Philip Warner wrote:

> At 10:56 3/07/00 +0200, Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:
> >
> >Do we already check for zlib ? It is probably not available everywhere.
>
> That may be true - although I thought it was pretty universal.
>
> I will have a look at using something 'HAVE_ZLIB' setting to enable/disable
> compressed output...I presume 'configure' needs to be changed? Is that right?

that will be correct, but its a quick/easy change ... I'll add the code in
tonight so that its something we check for and set in config.h, so as long
as you include that, you'll have that setting available ...

Date:
At 22:39 3/07/00 -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>that will be correct, but its a quick/easy change ... I'll add the code in
>tonight so that its something we check for and set in config.h, so as long
>as you include that, you'll have that setting available ...

OK. Heres a patch against CVS (pre new pg_dump). This is a complete patch,
so you can throw away the last two...

Bye for now,

Philip

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Re: AW: AW: AW: Modified pg_dump & new pg_restore need testing...

Date:
Do you want this applied?

> At 22:39 3/07/00 -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> >that will be correct, but its a quick/easy change ... I'll add the code in
> >tonight so that its something we check for and set in config.h, so as long
> >as you include that, you'll have that setting available ...
> >

> OK. Heres a patch against CVS (pre new pg_dump). This is a complete patch,
> so you can throw away the last two...
>
> Bye for now,
>
> Philip

[ Attachment, skipping... ]