"Mark R"
Date:
Hi,

I want to connect MS Access to Postgresql on Linux. I have downloaded an
ODBC driver for Windows.  How do I get MS Access to talk to postgres ?  Is
there any HOWTOs on this ?  I Know Linux very well, MS Access a little, SQL
not really but learning...hopyfully :-)
Thanks

Re:

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
Mark, if you install the ODBC driver, you should be able to set up Postgres as
a data source in ODBC.  Then create a new Access database, and either link
to/import from the Postgres data source.  The former gives you a dynamic
database, not updatable (unless you uncheck "read only" in the advanced ODBC
settings) - the latter gives you a snapshot that you can edit without fear of
messing up data.

Regards,
Ned