Beta is February 15th

Date:
Not sure this was announced, but we are planning beta for 7.0 to start
in February 15, not February 1, as originally planned.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

From
Oleg Broytmann
Date:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Not sure this was announced, but we are planning beta for 7.0 to start
> in February 15, not February 1, as originally planned.
  I am taking part in writing articles for
http://www.simplex.ru/news/koi/. It is russian weblog, similar to Slahdot.
Mostly I post announcements of different Python and Zope-related products.  But the version 7.0 will be so major
change.I want to put an

announcement there, and to do this I need a logo - any small picture. Where
can I get Postgres logo?
  http://www.postgresql.org/images/verh2.gif is mostly good for me. Are
there others?

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

Date:
www.postgresql.org, right?

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Not sure this was announced, but we are planning beta for 7.0 to start
> > in February 15, not February 1, as originally planned.
>
>    I am taking part in writing articles for
> http://www.simplex.ru/news/koi/. It is russian weblog, similar to Slahdot.
> Mostly I post announcements of different Python and Zope-related products.
>    But the version 7.0 will be so major change. I want to put an
> announcement there, and to do this I need a logo - any small picture. Where
> can I get Postgres logo?
>
>    http://www.postgresql.org/images/verh2.gif is mostly good for me. Are
> there others?
>
> Oleg.
> ----
>     Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net
>            Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
>

> ************

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
Everything revolves around the elephant ... all the 'wearables' use the
more cartoonish logo at: http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html ... I know
Vince is planning on redoing the http://www.postgresql.org web site, so
I'm not sure whether he's going to continue to work with the one there, or
move towards the cartoonish one also ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Date:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Everything revolves around the elephant ... all the 'wearables' use the
> more cartoonish logo at: http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html ...
  http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda/powered_button.gif is very near to what
I want. Thanks.

Date:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> www.postgresql.org, right?
  There is no logo - there are 3 image files, so I need to combine them
into one picture by hands :(

Date:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > Everything revolves around the elephant ... all the 'wearables' use the
> > more cartoonish logo at: http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html ...
>
>    http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda/powered_button.gif is very near to what
> I want. Thanks.

*nod* no probs :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

From
Dmitry Samersoff
Date:
On 29-Jan-2000 Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> www.postgresql.org, right?
>
>    There is no logo - there are 3 image files, so I need to combine them
> into one picture by hands :(

I'll try to find psd source in my archive.
May be it is more convenient.

What is name of file you need for?
(Unfortunately, I miss previose discussion)

--
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

From
"Jeff MacDonald "
Date:
Hi,

At PostgreSQL Inc we have been using the cartoon ish elephant
head , as seen on http://www.pgsql.com.

It is the image we use on the CD's, shirts, keychains, hats,
stationary, and soon to be released coffee mugs.

You can get a whole bunch of these images on
www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html

Jeff

Jeff MacDonaldjeff@pgsql.com    irc: bignose on EFnet

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Not sure this was announced, but we are planning beta for 7.0 to start
> > in February 15, not February 1, as originally planned.
>
>    I am taking part in writing articles for
> http://www.simplex.ru/news/koi/. It is russian weblog, similar to Slahdot.
> Mostly I post announcements of different Python and Zope-related products.
>    But the version 7.0 will be so major change. I want to put an
> announcement there, and to do this I need a logo - any small picture. Where
> can I get Postgres logo?
>
>    http://www.postgresql.org/images/verh2.gif is mostly good for me. Are
> there others?
>
> Oleg.
> ----
>     Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net
>            Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
>

> ************

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > www.postgresql.org, right?
>
>    There is no logo - there are 3 image files, so I need to combine them
> into one picture by hands :(

Then try this one:

http://www.postgresql.org/images/sqlephant.gif

You'll only have to crop it.