Patch for elog(FATAL)/elog(ERROR) infinite loop?

From
Kristofer Munn
Date:
Hi everyone.  Awhile back I reported the elog(FATAL)/elog(ERROR) infinite
loop and I see it marked in the TODO as done for 7.0.  Is there a patch
for this problem for 6.5.3?

Thanks...

- K

Kristofer Munn * KMI * 973-509-9414 * AIM KrMunn * http://www.munn.com/

RE: [HACKERS] Patch for elog(FATAL)/elog(ERROR) infinite loop?

From
"Hiroshi Inoue"
> Hi everyone.  Awhile back I reported the elog(FATAL)/elog(ERROR) infinite
> loop and I see it marked in the TODO as done for 7.0.  Is there a patch
> for this problem for 6.5.3?

Is your report [HACKERS] ERROR: infinite recursion in proc_exit ?
Is the TODO * -spinlock stuck problem when elog(FATAL) and elog(ERROR)
inside bufmgr  ?
The TODO case is different from your problem.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

RE: [HACKERS] Patch for elog(FATAL)/elog(ERROR) infinite loop?

From
Kristofer Munn
Date:
Hiroshi Inoue
> Is your report [HACKERS] ERROR: infinite recursion in proc_exit ?

Yes.

> Is the TODO * -spinlock stuck problem when elog(FATAL) and elog(ERROR)
> inside bufmgr  ?

Yes?

> The TODO case is different from your problem.

Oh. (pout) Is it in the TO_DO or, preferably, the HAS_BEEN_DONE?  :-)

Date:
Kristofer Munn <kmunn@munn.com> writes:
>> Is your report [HACKERS] ERROR: infinite recursion in proc_exit ?

> Yes.

> Oh. (pout) Is it in the TO_DO or, preferably, the HAS_BEEN_DONE?  :-)

AFAIR we fixed that for 7.0 ...
        regards, tom lane