Unlimited query length - the final chapter (aka pg_dump)

From
"Ansley, Michael"
Date:
Hi, all

I finally got around to schlepping through pg_dump, to finish what I started
about three months (or more) ago.  Attached is a gzipped diff file to apply
in the bin/pg_dump directory.  This should remove all string length
dependencies, except one, which I'm working on.  It has been through some
rudimentary unit testing, but that's about it, so if any of you would give
it a more strenuous run-through, I'd be grateful for the feedback.

Cheers...

MikeA

Attachment

Re: [HACKERS] Unlimited query length - the final chapter (aka pg_dump)

Date:
Applied.

> Hi, all
>
> I finally got around to schlepping through pg_dump, to finish what I started
> about three months (or more) ago.  Attached is a gzipped diff file to apply
> in the bin/pg_dump directory.  This should remove all string length
> dependencies, except one, which I'm working on.  It has been through some
> rudimentary unit testing, but that's about it, so if any of you would give
> it a more strenuous run-through, I'd be grateful for the feedback.
>
> Cheers...
>
> MikeA

[Attachment, skipping...]

Pennsylvania19026