Source code format votes

OK I have:8-space tabs:    Tom Lane, Peter, Vince, Massimo4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreasopen bracket on if () line
-yes:   Massimo, Peterno:    Bruce

More votes?

Pennsylvania19026

RE: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On 23-Dec-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK I have:
>
>       8-space tabs:   Tom Lane, Peter, Vince, Massimo
>       4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas
>
>       open bracket on if () line -
>       yes:    Massimo, Peter
>       no:     Bruce
>

> More votes?

Correction.  I don't want 8 space anythings.  Move me to 4 please.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net  128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup:
$17.95/moor less at Pop4       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

> On 23-Dec-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > OK I have:
> >
> >       8-space tabs:   Tom Lane, Peter, Massimo
> >       4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas, Vince, Vadim
> >
> >       open bracket on if () line -
> >       yes:    Massimo, Peter
> >       no:     Bruce, Vadim

OK, sorry Vince.  I was confused.  Here is the updated tally.  We can
keep voting until I run pgindent for 7.0.

Date:
On 23-Dec-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> On 23-Dec-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> > OK I have:
>> >
>> >       8-space tabs:   Tom Lane, Peter, Massimo
>> >       4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas, Vince, Vadim
>> >
>> >       open bracket on if () line -
>> >       yes:    Massimo, Peter
>> >       no:     Bruce, Vadim
>
> OK, sorry Vince.  I was confused.  Here is the updated tally.  We can
> keep voting until I run pgindent for 7.0.

I just realized I'm not counted on the YES vote for the bracket.  Can
you add me in there?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net  128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup:
$17.95/moor less at Pop4       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

From
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
OK you have:

    8-space tabs:    Tom Lane, Peter, Vince, Massimo, Jan
    4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas

    open bracket on if () line -
    yes:    Massimo, Peter
    no:    Bruce, Jan

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

No on that one.  I actually prefer "if () {" myself, but not enough
to think that we should engage in wholesale reformatting of the source.
Our existing layout convention is not broken (unlike the tab situation ;-))
so don't fix it.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

> No on that one.  I actually prefer "if () {" myself, but not enough
> to think that we should engage in wholesale reformatting of the source.
> Our existing layout convention is not broken (unlike the tab situation ;-))
> so don't fix it.

pgindent can be changed very easily to fix that if you prefer.  The
change is no extra work.  Let me put you down for yes on that.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

Date:
Added.

> OK you have:
>
>     8-space tabs:    Tom Lane, Peter, Vince, Massimo, Jan
>     4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas
>
>     open bracket on if () line -
>     yes:    Massimo, Peter
>     no:    Bruce, Jan
>
> Jan
>
> --
>
> #======================================================================#
> # It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being right. #
> # Let's break this rule - forgive me.                                  #
> #========================================= wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) #

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK I have:
>
>     8-space tabs:    Tom Lane, Peter, Vince, Massimo

(I'm still for 4 space indent though.)

>     4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas
>
>     open bracket on if () line -
>     yes:    Massimo, Peter
>     no:    Bruce

I really don't mind this too much. I'm getting used to it.

Date:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > OK I have:
> >
> >     8-space tabs:    Tom Lane, Peter, Vince, Massimo
>
> (I'm still for 4 space indent though.)

Yes, everyone seems to like the current indent value.

> >     4-space tabs:   Bruce, Andreas
> >
> >     open bracket on if () line -
> >     yes:    Massimo, Peter
> >     no:    Bruce
>
> I really don't mind this too much. I'm getting used to it.

Let me know if anyone wants their vote changed.

Pennsylvania19026