AW: AW: [HACKERS] SELECT ... AS ... names in WHERE/GROUP BY/HAVIN G

From
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Date:
> Which dbms's allow it?  Or is there an error in my query (I don't
> use column numbering, I'm into names myself)?

Informix and DB/2 allow column numbering in the group by clause.

Andreas

Re: AW: AW: [HACKERS] SELECT ... AS ... names in WHERE/GROUP BY/HAVIN G

Date:
Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> Informix and DB/2 allow column numbering in the group by clause.

What do they do with
SELECT foo AS bar FROM table GROUP BY bar

?

What do they do if bar is the real name of another column in the table?
        regards, tom lane