PgAccess - small bug?

From
Karel Zak - Zakkr
Date:
Hi,

in PgAccess's the create table dialog is small bug. If I define a new table
as interits of other table and I not define any column (as 'field' named this
dialog) - PgAccess return ERROR message "Your table has not field!". But
PgSQL allow define table as:
CREATE TABLE xxx () INHERITS(yyy);

...all colunms is from 'yyy'.

NOTE: Why a attribute (column) is in the PgAccsess named 'field'? It is
abnormal in SQL speech...
                        Karel

Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>                      http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Docs:         http://docs.linux.cz                          (big docs archive)
Kim Project:  http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/              (process manager)
FTP:          ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/              (C/ncurses/PgSQL)

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

Date:
I assume this is fixed?

> Hi,
>
> in PgAccess's the create table dialog is small bug. If I define a new table
> as interits of other table and I not define any column (as 'field' named this
> dialog) - PgAccess return ERROR message "Your table has not field!". But
> PgSQL allow define table as:
>
>     CREATE TABLE xxx () INHERITS(yyy);
>
> ...all colunms is from 'yyy'.
>
> NOTE: Why a attribute (column) is in the PgAccsess named 'field'? It is
> abnormal in SQL speech...
>
>                             Karel

> Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>                      http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/
>
> Docs:         http://docs.linux.cz                          (big docs archive)
> Kim Project:  http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/              (process manager)
> FTP:          ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/              (C/ncurses/PgSQL)
>

> ************

Pennsylvania19026

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

From
Karel Zak

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I assume this is fixed?
Oh, it is really old letter from me. I total forget...
Hmm, I haven't here last version of CVS, but pgaccess in my comp has this
bug still..
Bruce, thanks for answer. I not had hope that anyone advert to this.
                    Karel

> > Hi,
> >
> > in PgAccess's the create table dialog is small bug. If I define a new table
> > as interits of other table and I not define any column (as 'field' named this
> > dialog) - PgAccess return ERROR message "Your table has not field!". But
> > PgSQL allow define table as:
> >
> >     CREATE TABLE xxx () INHERITS(yyy);
> >
> > ...all colunms is from 'yyy'.
> >
> > NOTE: Why a attribute (column) is in the PgAccsess named 'field'? It is
> > abnormal in SQL speech...
> >
> >                             Karel

> > Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>                      http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/
> >
> > Docs:         http://docs.linux.cz                          (big docs archive)
> > Kim Project:  http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/              (process manager)
> > FTP:          ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/              (C/ncurses/PgSQL)
> >

> > ************
> >

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

Date:
Constantin, can you comment on this?

> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I assume this is fixed?
>
>  Oh, it is really old letter from me. I total forget...
>
>  Hmm, I haven't here last version of CVS, but pgaccess in my comp has this
> bug still..
>
>  Bruce, thanks for answer. I not had hope that anyone advert to this.
>
>                         Karel
>

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > in PgAccess's the create table dialog is small bug. If I define a new table
> > > as interits of other table and I not define any column (as 'field' named this
> > > dialog) - PgAccess return ERROR message "Your table has not field!". But
> > > PgSQL allow define table as:
> > >
> > >     CREATE TABLE xxx () INHERITS(yyy);
> > >
> > > ...all colunms is from 'yyy'.
> > >
> > > NOTE: Why a attribute (column) is in the PgAccsess named 'field'? It is
> > > abnormal in SQL speech...
> > >
> > >                             Karel

> > > Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>                      http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/
> > >
> > > Docs:         http://docs.linux.cz                          (big docs archive)
> > > Kim Project:  http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/              (process manager)
> > > FTP:          ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/              (C/ncurses/PgSQL)
> > >

> > > ************
> > >

> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Pennsylvania19026

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

Date:

OK, let me know if you release a new pgaccess and I will add it to CVS.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

Date:
Has this been dealt with?

> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I assume this is fixed?
>
>  Oh, it is really old letter from me. I total forget...
>
>  Hmm, I haven't here last version of CVS, but pgaccess in my comp has this
> bug still..
>
>  Bruce, thanks for answer. I not had hope that anyone advert to this.
>
>                         Karel
>

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > in PgAccess's the create table dialog is small bug. If I define a new table
> > > as interits of other table and I not define any column (as 'field' named this
> > > dialog) - PgAccess return ERROR message "Your table has not field!". But
> > > PgSQL allow define table as:
> > >
> > >     CREATE TABLE xxx () INHERITS(yyy);
> > >
> > > ...all colunms is from 'yyy'.
> > >
> > > NOTE: Why a attribute (column) is in the PgAccsess named 'field'? It is
> > > abnormal in SQL speech...
> > >
> > >                             Karel

> > > Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>                      http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/
> > >
> > > Docs:         http://docs.linux.cz                          (big docs archive)
> > > Kim Project:  http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/              (process manager)
> > > FTP:          ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/              (C/ncurses/PgSQL)
> > >

> > > ************
> > >

> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Pennsylvania19026

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

Date:
Applied to CVS.  Thanks.

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll fix it this weekend!
> >
> > OK, let me know if you release a new pgaccess and I will add it to CVS.
>
> Bug fixed. Ross patches applied.
> HTML documentation updated with what's new.
>
> Hope it's fine!
> You'll find attached the 0.98.7.tar.gz file!
>
> Best regards,
> Teo

[ application/x-gzip is not supported, skipping... ]

Re: PgAccess - small bug?

Date:
This is fixed in the pgaccess version in CVS.