RE: [HACKERS] password in pg_shadow

From
Peter Mount
Date:
I think its because the parser forces everything outside of quotes to
being lowercase.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Zakkr [mailto:zakkr@zf.jcu.cz]
Sent: 07 October 1999 10:55
To: pgsql-hackers
Subject: [HACKERS] password in pg_shadow

Is all in next example good? See:

abil=> CREATE USER myname WITH PASSWORD BuBuBuBu;
CREATE USER                            ^^^^^^^^^^

abil=> select * from pg_shadow;
usename |usesysid|usecreatedb|usetrace|usesuper|usecatupd|passwd
|valuntil
myname  |    5808|f          |f       |f       |f        |bubububu   |
      ^^^^^^^^

(4 rows)

Why is in pg_shadow.passwd low case only?
                        Zakkr

************

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Peter Mount wrote:

> I think its because the parser forces everything outside of quotes to
> being lowercase.

Yes, it is right, but in tutorial is nothing about it, In tutorial is
this bad example:
CREATE USER davide WITH PASSWORD jw8s0F4

Password is very important....
                    Zakkr

Re: [HACKERS] password in pg_shadow

> On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Peter Mount wrote:
>
> > I think its because the parser forces everything outside of quotes to
> > being lowercase.
> >

>  Yes, it is right, but in tutorial is nothing about it, In tutorial is
> this bad example:
>
>     CREATE USER davide WITH PASSWORD jw8s0F4
>
> Password is very important....
>
>                         Zakkr

Fixed documentation.  Thanks.

Pennsylvania19026