Problem with new function

From
Grzegorz Przeździecki

I tray create new function bye read from file.

When I read this file I have errors

pgReadData()- backend closed the channel unexpectedly

in  may log file :
Fatal 1 : btree: cannot split if start (2) >= maxoff (2)

or somethings like this:
fatal 1: my bits moved right off the end of the world!

PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.31
on Debian Slink

Need help

Best regards

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with new function

Date:
Grzegorz Przeździecki  <grzegorz_przezdziecki@lupus.waw.pl> writes:
> in  may log file :
> Fatal 1 : btree: cannot split if start (2) >= maxoff (2)
> or somethings like this:
> fatal 1: my bits moved right off the end of the world!

I think we fixed some bugs in that area in 6.5.2 --- please update
and see if the problem is still there.

Note you will probably need to dump / drop / restore your database
to get that index back into an uncorrupted state :-(
        regards, tom lane

wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> Grzegorz =?iso-8859-2?Q?Prze=BCdziecki?=  <grzegorz_przezdziecki@lupus.waw.pl> writes:
> > in  may log file :
> > Fatal 1 : btree: cannot split if start (2) >= maxoff (2)
> > or somethings like this:
> > fatal 1: my bits moved right off the end of the world!
>
> I think we fixed some bugs in that area in 6.5.2 --- please update
> and see if the problem is still there.

    The  pg_proc_prosrc_index  (causing  this  failure)  is still
    there.  If I  remember  right,  something  on  SQL  functions
    requires  this index to quickly find a particular function BY
    SOURCE. Seems a little screwed up.

Jan