Re: autoconf does not recognize HP-UX 11.00.

From
Ryan Bradetich
Date:
Looks like autoconf has been updated.

Just an FYI.

-Ryan

> I've descovered a problem with autoconf 2.13 on HP-UX 11.00.  Config.sub
returns
> one of the following values which is not recongized by config.sub.

>      hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00 --> 32 bit.
>  or     hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00 --> 64 bit.

This has been fixed.  Pick up a recent revision of config.guess from the
Autoconf CVS repository.

Cheers, Ben

Re: [HACKERS] Re: autoconf does not recognize HP-UX 11.00.

Date:
Ryan Bradetich <rbrad@hpb50023.boi.hp.com> writes:
> Looks like autoconf has been updated.

>> This has been fixed.  Pick up a recent revision of config.guess from the
>> Autoconf CVS repository.

I suspected as much.  I'll make a point of pulling up-to-date configure
support files from the Autoconf repository whenever we approach a
major release of Postgres.

The next question is whether we ought to back-patch such updates into
our stable-release series or not?  If they're not formal releases from
the Autoconf guys I hesitate to do that...
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Re: autoconf does not recognize HP-UX 11.00.

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ryan Bradetich <rbrad@hpb50023.boi.hp.com> writes:
> > Looks like autoconf has been updated.
>
> >> This has been fixed.  Pick up a recent revision of config.guess from the
> >> Autoconf CVS repository.
>
> I suspected as much.  I'll make a point of pulling up-to-date configure
> support files from the Autoconf repository whenever we approach a
> major release of Postgres.
>
> The next question is whether we ought to back-patch such updates into
> our stable-release series or not?  If they're not formal releases from
> the Autoconf guys I hesitate to do that...

My opinion is yes, we should..."stable releases", IMHO, fix existing bugs
that can be done without major re-writes.  I'd say a good portion of the
"bugs" are going to be porting related, and some of those are merely
'Autoconf' related...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org