Re: [HACKERS] web-based front end development

From
Michael Robinson
Date:

Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman-pgsql.hackers@debian.org> writes:
>If you have to learn a whole new language, you're probably going to
>have a steeper learning curve.               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is a learning curve?
-Michael Robinson

Re: [HACKERS] web-based front end development

From
"D. Jay Newman"
Date:
>What is a learning curve?

The basic term for how long it takes to become proficient at a task.
It's a curve because if you graph days studied vs. proficiency it goes
up in a curve slowing down as you become closer to your optimal
proficiency.

(There are actually *three* learning curves associated with any task,
think of them as "beginning", "intermediate", and "expert"; but most
people just think of it as a single curve and that does alright as a
simplification.)
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@sprucegrove.com              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and