LO Problem List (Can we get one)

From
Kristofer Munn
Date:
Greetings once again.  I've been following recent threads on problems with
large objects and the possibility of plans for unlimited-size tuples in
version 6.6 (as a replacement).  I was wondering if there was a list of
all the Large Object known problems/limitations/drawbacks as of 6.5.
This would include everything from any remaining memory leaks to the
performance hits resulting from having all the files in one directory to
the lack of a way to get a list of all existing LOs for dumping (or
cleanup).  I like to think I've caught all the relevant concerns (I use
Large Objects extensively in a large application I will be deploying) but
it would be nice to have such a list as well as perhaps linking them to
the documentation.

Thanks...

- K

Kristofer Munn * http://www.munn.com/~kmunn/ * ICQ# 352499 * AIM: KrMunn

Re: [HACKERS] LO Problem List (Can we get one)

Date:
Kristofer Munn <kmunn@munn.com> writes:
> I was wondering if there was a list of
> all the Large Object known problems/limitations/drawbacks as of 6.5.

No such list that I know of, but it would be useful to have one.  Are
you volunteering ;-) ?
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] LO Problem List (Can we get one)

Date:
> Kristofer Munn <kmunn@munn.com> writes:
> > I was wondering if there was a list of
> > all the Large Object known problems/limitations/drawbacks as of 6.5.
>
> No such list that I know of, but it would be useful to have one.  Are
> you volunteering ;-) ?

TODO list.  They should all be there under large object heading.

Pennsylvania19026