Re: [PHP3] [OT]: SELECT COUNT(*) in Postgres

From
Clark Evans
Date:
It seems that one topic of discussion regarding the optimizer
is that it dosen't know how many rows are in the table untill
an analyze is done.  Doing SELECT COUNT(*) seems like something
often done that also requires the number of rows in the table
to be known.  Perhaps it would be prudent to keep a running
total of the number of active rows for each table cashed?

Clark