static oid

From
Massimo Dal Zotto
Date:
Hi,

I need some static oids to add new datatypes and procs to the system catalog.
Can I just grab the first unused oids or should I choose oids from specific
ranges for types and procs.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |

Re: [HACKERS] static oid

Date:
> Hi,
>
> I need some static oids to add new datatypes and procs to the system catalog.
> Can I just grab the first unused oids or should I choose oids from specific
> ranges for types and procs.

Can you give me a large city that you are near for our developers map?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] static oid

Date:
> Hi,
>
> I need some static oids to add new datatypes and procs to the system catalog.
> Can I just grab the first unused oids or should I choose oids from specific
> ranges for types and procs.

See unused_oids in pg/include.  If you need a sizable range, I recommend
getting a continious range of them from the end.  There is no
partitioning of oids.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] static oid

From
Taral
Date:
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>Can you give me a large city that you are near for our developers map?

What developers map?

Taral

Re: [HACKERS] static oid

Date:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >Can you give me a large city that you are near for our developers map?
>
> What developers map?
>
> Taral

The one under help us/developers on the web page.  Jan is working on
improving it.  We don't have everyone there, but people who have been
around a long time.

Pennsylvania19026