New postgres -O option for system tables

Date:
I have added a new postgres -O option to override restrictions, so
system tables can be directly manipulated.

I have also modified initdb, so it uses this new option, and removed the
hacks needed to change xpg_ to pg_.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] New postgres -O option for system tables

From
Clark Evans
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have added a new postgres -O option to override restrictions, so
> system tables can be directly manipulated.

This seems very useful.

:) Clark

Re: [HACKERS] New postgres -O option for system tables

Date:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > I have added a new postgres -O option to override restrictions, so
> > system tables can be directly manipulated.
> >

> This seems very useful.

Yea.  The old initdb would create xpg_, then do system table updates and
'mv' to make it a pg_ table.

Pennsylvania19026