cursors and other dragons

From
Lendvary Gyorgy
Date:
Dear Postgres developers,

    My problem is writing speed, when I want to update more rows in one
trnsaction. In ORACLE this can be solved by cursor or 'bind array'. Is
it possible to update changed data from cursor to the database. If not,
why not. Can you tell me other method for solving this problem? I have
already written a letter: 'Update by one transaction', but I haven't got
any useful answer.

Thank you for your help:
    Gyorgy Lendvary (gyurika@prolan.hu)

Re: [HACKERS] cursors and other dragons

From
Alexzander Blashko
Date:
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Lendvary Gyorgy wrote:

> Dear Postgres developers,
>
>     My problem is writing speed, when I want to update more rows in one
> trnsaction. In ORACLE this can be solved by cursor or 'bind array'. Is
> it possible to update changed data from cursor to the database. If not,
> why not. Can you tell me other method for solving this problem? I have
> already written a letter: 'Update by one transaction', but I haven't got
> any useful answer.
>
> Thank you for your help:
>     Gyorgy Lendvary (gyurika@prolan.hu)

Please, write example of your sql-code by using ORACLE.