Compiling with sfio installed

From
Michael Richards
Date:
I am running a FreeBSD 2.2.5 system that requires sfio to be installed. I
am also running FastCGI for faster CGI access as well as maintaining open
database connections.
Compiling craps out, but the fix is quite simple. You might want to
include something in the config script. Here is what I changed.

in Makefile.global
213c213
< LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib -lcrypt -lcompat -lln -lm -lreadline -ltermcap
-lcurses -lsfio
---
> LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib -lcrypt -lcompat -lln -lm -lreadline -ltermcap
-lcurses

(I added a -lsfio)

In interfaces/ecpg/preproc/Makefile
Here are my changes:
23c23
< # Rule that really does something.
---
> # Rule that really do something.
25c25
<       $(CC) -o ecpg y.tab.o pgc.o type.o ecpg.o ../lib/typename.o
$(LEXLIB) -L /usr/local/lib -lsfio
---
>       $(CC) -o ecpg y.tab.o pgc.o type.o ecpg.o ../lib/typename.o
$(LEXLIB)

I think it would be nice to implement these changes 'cause lots of folks
are installing FastCGI. My problem was that I installed PostgreSQL first
so it was already compiled when the Safe Fast IO (sfio) libs were
installed. When I went up to 6.3 it caused me lots of grief...

Maybe someone can come up with a nifty way if detecting if libsfio.a is
around and make these makefiles work if so...

thanks
-Mike

Re: [HACKERS] Compiling with sfio installed

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Michael Richards wrote:

> Maybe someone can come up with a nifty way if detecting if libsfio.a is
> around and make these makefiles work if so...

    Already done...v6.3.2 is being released today...(I'm just building
up the tar file now)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org