List volume

Date:
Has anyone else noticed that we certainly have a lot of people involved
lately?  I used to see about 50-75 messages a day.  Now if I have not
checked in 6 hours, I have that same volume in just six hours.

Marc, can you check the posting volume and let us know how it profiles
for, say, the last six months, if that is easy to do?

Re: [HACKERS] List volume

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that we certainly have a lot of people involved
> lately?  I used to see about 50-75 messages a day.  Now if I have not
> checked in 6 hours, I have that same volume in just six hours.
>
> Marc, can you check the posting volume and let us know how it profiles
> for, say, the last six months, if that is easy to do?

pgsql-hackers.9701:      964
pgsql-hackers.9702:      308
pgsql-hackers.9703:      557
pgsql-hackers.9704:      891
pgsql-hackers.9705:      488
pgsql-hackers.9706:      598
pgsql-hackers.9707:      401
pgsql-hackers.9708:      406
pgsql-hackers.9709:      582
pgsql-hackers.9710:      591
pgsql-hackers.9711:      375
pgsql-hackers.9712:      348
pgsql-hackers.9801:      864
pgsql-hackers.9802:     1324
pgsql-hackers.9803:     1128
pgsql-hackers.9804:      216

Not 100% accurate, but it gives a view of the monthly volume...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] List volume

> On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else noticed that we certainly have a lot of people involved
> > lately?  I used to see about 50-75 messages a day.  Now if I have not
> > checked in 6 hours, I have that same volume in just six hours.
> >
> > Marc, can you check the posting volume and let us know how it profiles
> > for, say, the last six months, if that is easy to do?
>
> pgsql-hackers.9701:      964
> pgsql-hackers.9702:      308
> pgsql-hackers.9703:      557
> pgsql-hackers.9704:      891
> pgsql-hackers.9705:      488
> pgsql-hackers.9706:      598
> pgsql-hackers.9707:      401
> pgsql-hackers.9708:      406
> pgsql-hackers.9709:      582
> pgsql-hackers.9710:      591
> pgsql-hackers.9711:      375
> pgsql-hackers.9712:      348
> pgsql-hackers.9801:      864
> pgsql-hackers.9802:     1324
> pgsql-hackers.9803:     1128
> pgsql-hackers.9804:      216

Certainly shows the trend.  And of course, this only the hackers list.
Questions has more too.

Re: [HACKERS] List volume

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone else noticed that we certainly have a lot of people involved
> > > lately?  I used to see about 50-75 messages a day.  Now if I have not
> > > checked in 6 hours, I have that same volume in just six hours.
> > >
> > > Marc, can you check the posting volume and let us know how it profiles
> > > for, say, the last six months, if that is easy to do?
> >
> > pgsql-hackers.9701:      964
> > pgsql-hackers.9702:      308
> > pgsql-hackers.9703:      557
> > pgsql-hackers.9704:      891
> > pgsql-hackers.9705:      488
> > pgsql-hackers.9706:      598
> > pgsql-hackers.9707:      401
> > pgsql-hackers.9708:      406
> > pgsql-hackers.9709:      582
> > pgsql-hackers.9710:      591
> > pgsql-hackers.9711:      375
> > pgsql-hackers.9712:      348
> > pgsql-hackers.9801:      864
> > pgsql-hackers.9802:     1324
> > pgsql-hackers.9803:     1128
> > pgsql-hackers.9804:      216
> >

> Certainly shows the trend.  And of course, this only the hackers list.
> Questions has more too.

pgsql-questions.9612:       40
pgsql-questions.9701:      142
pgsql-questions.9702:      316