Going on vacation

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
I'll be going on vacation on Monday, so don't expect much from me for the
next 2.5 weeks. As for ecpg, I'm currently rewriting the parser from
scratch. It was too much work to get it into sync with the backend parser.
Therefore I tore it down and built it new by using gram.y and scan.l.
Currently I can parse exec sql declare blocks and the exec sql whenever
statement. That's it. But I'm confident that the most diffcult part is
already finished since it does already use a lex file very similar to
scan.l.

If anyone's interested in working on that part, please tell me and I will
mail you my source tree. I will read and answer mail at least once over the
weekend before actually leaving.

Other than that I wish you some nice working weeks. :-)

See you again April 16th.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20

Re: [HACKERS] Going on vacation

From
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> I'll be going on vacation on Monday, so don't expect much from me for the
> next 2.5 weeks. As for ecpg, I'm currently rewriting the parser from

   Same to me - 4 weeks off - but I'll visit the office
   sometimes.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Going on vacation

> I'll be going on vacation on Monday, so don't expect much from me for the
> next 2.5 weeks. As for ecpg, I'm currently rewriting the parser from
> scratch. It was too much work to get it into sync with the backend parser.
> Therefore I tore it down and built it new by using gram.y and scan.l.
> Currently I can parse exec sql declare blocks and the exec sql whenever
> statement. That's it. But I'm confident that the most diffcult part is
> already finished since it does already use a lex file very similar to
> scan.l.
>
> If anyone's interested in working on that part, please tell me and I will
> mail you my source tree. I will read and answer mail at least once over the
> weekend before actually leaving.
>
> Other than that I wish you some nice working weeks. :-)
>
> See you again April 16th.

Would it make you life any easier if you opened a connection to the
postgres/psql, and passed queries into it and looked at the
output/errors?  Just an idea.