Open 6.3 issues

Date:
Here is the newest list:

test new view permission code, install new pg_user view for use with \d
max tuple size patch(Darren)
Self-join optimizer performance problem
Get interfaces fixed for new protocol
Profiling improvements?
Problem with tables >2Gb, add elog()?
Do we want to add timestamps to elog messages?
ScanKeyData missing initializations
Alpha/64-bit issues, mkoidname() problem
'Can not write block blind' error on createdb and regression collision(Vadim)
Views on aggregates fail
large objects memory exhaustion
Commit sgml document sources(Thomas)
Commit html documents(Thomas)
Commit postscript documents(Thomas)
Fix isinf.c irix port problem reported by Andrew(Marc)
Check select_views regression test
REVOKE ALL ON pg_user FROM PUBLIC crashes if run many times, cache issue(Jan)

maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues

From
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> Here is the newest list:

> Views on aggregates fail

    Uh oh - Aggregates require a group by clause in the select.
    This is correctly copied into the query action in the views
    pg_rewrite entry. But the rewrite handler doesn't insert it
    into the parsetree. Thus a wrong execution plan in built.

    I'll try some things, but expect to get into trouble if the
    select from the view contains it's own grouping clauses.

    Let's see.

> REVOKE ALL ON pg_user FROM PUBLIC crashes if run many times, cache issue(Jan)

    Done - sent to Marc - not cvs committed yet!

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Jan Wieck wrote:

> > REVOKE ALL ON pg_user FROM PUBLIC crashes if run many times, cache issue(Jan)
>
>     Done - sent to Marc - not cvs committed yet!

    Is now...

Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues

From
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
> > > REVOKE ALL ON pg_user FROM PUBLIC crashes if run many times, cache issue(Jan)
> >
> >     Done - sent to Marc - not cvs committed yet!
>
>     Is now...

    Arrrg

    Please add the line

        if (!bootstrap)

    above the

        InitLocalInvalidateData();

    in postinit.c manually. Calling it in bootstrap mode causes
    postgres to dump core. With that test everything is fine.

Thanks, Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues

From
"Vadim B. Mikheev"
Jan Wieck wrote:

> > Views on aggregates fail
>
>     Uh oh - Aggregates require a group by clause in the select.
>     This is correctly copied into the query action in the views
>     pg_rewrite entry. But the rewrite handler doesn't insert it
>     into the parsetree. Thus a wrong execution plan in built.
>
>     I'll try some things, but expect to get into trouble if the
>     select from the view contains it's own grouping clauses.

There is another way of VIEW implementation: put VIEW' query
as subselect into FROM clause. The last feature is not implemented
yet. It's just a thought...

Vadim