group by problem

From
Shiby Thomas
Date:
Hi,

I get the foll. error for a group by query:
This is with the snapshot of Feb 20, and I am running on sparc-solaris 2.6

insert into FTemp1 select item as item1, count(*) as cnt from data group by
item;
ERROR:  The field being grouped by must appear in the target list

Thanks
--shiby

Re: [HACKERS] group by problem

> Hi,
>
> I get the foll. error for a group by query:
> This is with the snapshot of Feb 20, and I am running on sparc-solaris 2.6
>
> insert into FTemp1 select item as item1, count(*) as cnt from data group by
> item;
> ERROR:  The field being grouped by must appear in the target list
>
> Thanks
> --shiby

Say:

group by item1.