new yacc problem

Date:
Here is what I get from the current cvsup:

/usr/bin/yacc -d gram.y
/usr/bin/yacc: f - maximum table size exceeded
gmake[2]: *** [parse.h] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
gmake[1]: *** [parser.dir] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/pgsql/src/backend'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

Re: [HACKERS] new yacc problem

From
ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de
Date:
Hi,

GNU bison processes the current gram.y without objections...

best regards,

Ernst

Re: [HACKERS] new yacc problem

> Hi,
>
> GNU bison processes the current gram.y without objections...

Got bison.  Fixed.

maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

Re: new yacc problem

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
> Here is what I get from the current cvsup:

> /usr/bin/yacc -d gram.y
> /usr/bin/yacc: f - maximum table size exceeded
> gmake[2]: *** [parse.h] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
> gmake[1]: *** [parser.dir] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/pgsql/src/backend'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Uh oh. Are there any switches on yacc which would let you increase some
internal parameters?

If not, we could try delivering gram.c as we do with scan.c. With the current
parser scheme, I don't see how we could shrink things very much :<(

                                                 - Tom

I haven't yet tested with both our our recent changes in; will let you know if
bison has trouble...

Re: new yacc problem

> > Here is what I get from the current cvsup:

> > /usr/bin/yacc -d gram.y
> > /usr/bin/yacc: f - maximum table size exceeded
> > gmake[2]: *** [parse.h] Error 2
> > gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
> > gmake[1]: *** [parser.dir] Error 2
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/pgsql/src/backend'
> > gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Uh oh. Are there any switches on yacc which would let you increase some
> internal parameters?

Nope.  I don't see any.

> If not, we could try delivering gram.c as we do with scan.c. With the current
> parser scheme, I don't see how we could shrink things very much :<(

Would be a good idea.

> I haven't yet tested with both our our recent changes in; will let you know if
> bison has trouble...

Got bison.  Works fine.

maillist@candle.pha.pa.us