postgres driver for mysql

From
Mimiko
Date:
Hello to all.

I want to move applications to postgres. But there are applications
which can use only mysql or local mdb or mssql. For now I run a mysql
server to which this applications are connected. Long time ago I've
encountered a federeted module for mysql to allow to store data in
postgres. Now that site doesnot exists.

Can anyone suggest a db federeted plugin for mysql/mariadb to store data
in pg. Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and
work only with specific databases only.

Thank you.

Re: postgres driver for mysql

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 09/05/2016 11:38 AM, Mimiko wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I want to move applications to postgres. But there are applications
> which can use only mysql or local mdb or mssql. For now I run a mysql
> server to which this applications are connected. Long time ago I've
> encountered a federeted module for mysql to allow to store data in
> postgres. Now that site doesnot exists.
>
> Can anyone suggest a db federeted plugin for mysql/mariadb to store data
> in pg. Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and
> work only with specific databases only.

The only thing I know of is the other way around:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Fdw

Trying to figure out how

1) "I want to move applications to postgres."

and

2) "Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and work
only with specific databases only. "

is going to work out?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: postgres driver for mysql

From
Glyn Astill

I've no answer to your question really, however it looks like at some point a while back I bookmarked this page:

    http://www.pinaraf.info/2013/03/my-post-engine-a-postgres-engine-for-mysql/

Is that what you were using? If so the git repository is still accessible via gitweb:

    https://www.gitorious.org/my-post-engine/my-post-engine

If you're desperate to use it you could pull a snapshot from there.

Re: postgres driver for mysql

From
Mark Morgan Lloyd
Date:
On 05/09/16 18:46, Mimiko wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I want to move applications to postgres. But there are applications
> which can use only mysql or local mdb or mssql. For now I run a mysql
> server to which this applications are connected. Long time ago I've
> encountered a federeted module for mysql to allow to store data in
> postgres. Now that site doesnot exists.

Have you checked archive.org? At the very least that would give you
things like developers names that you can follow up, since there might
be a continuation project.

We certainly can't do that for you, since you haven't given us a URL or
told us the name of the module.

> Can anyone suggest a db federeted plugin for mysql/mariadb to store data
> in pg. Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and
> work only with specific databases only.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Date:
On 05.09.2016 22:42, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> The only thing I know of is the other way around:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Fdw
>
> Trying to figure out how
>
> 1) "I want to move applications to postgres."
>
> and
>
> 2) "Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and work
> only with specific databases only. "
>
> is going to work out?

Hi.

This is interesting, but apps needs different mysql versions. So DB will
pe sparse and inconsistent. But this solution is great if apps can be
moved to postgres, but DB cannot be move from mysql. Can't the data be
moved also? Well. Your solution is the the over way. But thank you for
info about this.

On 06.09.2016 12:03, Glyn Astill wrote:

 > I've no answer to your question really, however it looks like at some
point a while back I bookmarked this page:

http://www.pinaraf.info/2013/03/my-post-engine-a-postgres-engine-for-mysql/

 > Is that what you were using? If so the git repository is still
accessible via gitweb:

 >     https://www.gitorious.org/my-post-engine/my-post-engine
 >
 > If you're desperate to use it you could pull a snapshot from there.

Yes, this was the page I was looking for. Especially link to source
repository. Wish it was maintained. Thank you.