client_min_messages and INFO

From
Jason Dusek
Date:
Hi List,

I notice that INFO is not included in the list of settable levels for client_min_messages:

This seems to be true several versions back so I wonder: what is the rationale? Is it like the reverse of LOG?

Kind Regards,
  Jason Dusek

Re: client_min_messages and INFO

Date:
Jason Dusek <jason.dusek@gmail.com> writes:
> I notice that INFO is not included in the list of settable levels for
> client_min_messages:
> This seems to be true several versions back so I wonder: what is the
> rationale? Is it like the reverse of LOG?

INFO is used for cases where the user specifically requested the message
(VACUUM VERBOSE, for instance).  Arguably, suppressing such a message
would break things, so you can't.

            regards, tom lane