ERROR: MultiXactId xxx has not been created yet

From
Christophe Pettus
Date:
We have a database (PostgreSQL 9.3.10) which is reporting this error on a TOAST table on a VACUUM.  Is there a
canonicalway of repairing this?  The table is *huge*, so a VACUUM FULL or pg_dump / pg_restore is probably not going to
work.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

Re: ERROR: MultiXactId xxx has not been created yet

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Christophe Pettus wrote:
> We have a database (PostgreSQL 9.3.10) which is reporting this error on a TOAST table on a VACUUM.  Is there a
canonicalway of repairing this?  The table is *huge*, so a VACUUM FULL or pg_dump / pg_restore is probably not going to
work.

I don't think toast tables can have multixacts at all, so my guess is
that the tuple header is corrupted.