How to generate are own apt packages for ubuntu?

From
David Grelaud
Date:
Hello,

We would like to deploy a modified version of PostgreSQL on our servers.
It would be easier if we could build our own apt package for Ubuntu 14.04.

Is it the right tool? How to use it (without jenkins if possible)?
Is there a better solution?

Thank you,

David Grelaud

Re: How to generate are own apt packages for ubuntu?

From
John R Pierce
Date:
We would like to deploy a modified version of PostgreSQL on our servers.
It would be easier if we could build our own apt package for Ubuntu 14.04.

I work mostly on RPM based linux (but also Solaris, BSD, AIX), and frankly, if I need to deploy my own postgres build, I build it to run in /opt/project/pgsql/9.4/......   and package it as a simple tarball.