Test failover for PosgreSql 9.2

From
yuryu
Date:
Hello,
I am new to posgresql.
I've configured replication for my database . It li working fine, but I need
to test failover capabilities.
According to manual I have to kill completely Master and "touch" a trigger
to make Slave new Master.

Could you please recommend me a way to kill Master in order to test
failover?

Thanks, yuryu.

Re: Test failover for PosgreSql 9.2

From
Francisco Reyes
Date:
On 09/25/2015 11:20 AM, yuryu wrote:
> According to manual I have to kill completely Master and "touch" a trigger
> to make Slave new Master.

You don't have to do anything in the master. If you have configured the
slave to check for a file, then it will become Read Write when that file
is created.

You can also do
pg_ctlcluster #.# main promote

Where #.# is version like
pg_ctlcluster 9.3 main promote

In the slave you can run this to check if it is in read only
(replicating) or read write
select pg_is_in_recovery();