How to clear buffer

From
Ravi Krishna
Date:
I am writing bench mark scripts and as part of it would like to clear the cache
programmatically. This is to ensure that when we run select queries the data is
not read read from the cache. Does PG provide any easy way to do it other than
the obvious way to restart the database.

Thanks.

Re: How to clear buffer

From
Gavin Flower
Date:
On 13/05/15 20:13, Ravi Krishna wrote:
> I am writing bench mark scripts and as part of it would like to clear the cache
> programmatically. This is to ensure that when we run select queries the data is
> not read read from the cache. Does PG provide any easy way to do it other than
> the obvious way to restart the database.
>
> Thanks.

Don't forget the O/S also caches things!

-Gavin

Re: How to clear buffer

From
Pete Hollobon