How to distinguish serialization errors from others using pqxx

From
Saimon
Date:
Hi

Is there any way to distinguish serialization errors from others using pqxx?

As far as I understand there is no way to get sql error code within pqxx
lib.
Ability to detect serialization errors is important to implement retrying
logic for this cases.

Re: How to distinguish serialization errors from others using pqxx

From
Saimon
Date:
As I undersand, the only way to determine serialization errors is to parse
pqxx::sql_error exceptions' messages for keywords like "could not serialize"
etc.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance
Saimon

Re: How to distinguish serialization errors from others using pqxx

From
Kevin Grittner
Date:
Saimon <aimon.slim@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I undersand, the only way to determine serialization errors is
> to parse pqxx::sql_error exceptions' messages for keywords like
> "could not serialize" etc.

I had to do a web search to find out what pqxx was.  It is a C++
connector for PostgreSQL that's been around for ten years and most
recently released a new version two months ago.

http://pqxx.org/development/libpqxx/

From there it was pretty easy to find that making the SQLSTATE
available to the programmer is recognized as a desirable
enhancement, but has not yet been done:

http://pqxx.org/development/libpqxx/ticket/219

So I guess that leaves one parsing the text of the error messages
and hoping you know what language is going to be there.

Should pqxx be included in the table of externally maintained
client interfaces?:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/external-interfaces.html

--
Kevin Grittner