Psql 9.4 with server 9.4 doesn't auto complete table names

From
amihay gonen

Hi on   9.1 the psql  did auto complete for tables.  I've removed 9.1 and installed 9.4 and the auto complete doesn't work.

Any idea what I need to check?

Re: Psql 9.4 with server 9.4 doesn't auto complete table names

From
John McKown
Date:
How did you install it? Did you configure and compile it yourself, locally? If so, what did your ./configure look like? If not, how did you do it? Perhaps it was configured with the --without-readline switch set. I found that, on 9.3.5, that if I start psql normally (no switches), then a <tab> does the table completion (as normal). But if I do "psql -n" to turn off readline, then a <tab> just puts in a tab. I hope this might be of some help, though I don't really see how.

Hi on   9.1 the psql  did auto complete for tables.  I've removed 9.1 and installed 9.4 and the auto complete doesn't work.

Any idea what I need to check?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Date: