mysql with postgres

From
Ravi Kiran
Date:
hi all,

Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.

I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

any references would be fine.

thank you

Re: mysql with postgres

From
John R Pierce
Date:
Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.

I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

postgresql and mysql are both SQL dialects, arguably postgresql follows the SQL standards closer, but both have extensive unique customizations and extensions.    Both systems implement a transactional database server, but the implementations are completely different, as are the disk storage structures.

what do you want to achieve by 'hacking into the postgresql source code' ?   and if you're 'hacking postgresql' what do you mean by 'want to use the mysql database'  ?

Re: mysql with postgres

From
John McKown
Date: