postgresql for small business

From
Ernesto Quiñones
Date:
Hi friends

I am looking for a postgresql solution in an "appliance" for small business

know somebody who is selling this kind of solutions?

thanks

Visita : http://www.eqsoft.net
Sigueme en Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/ernestoq

Re: postgresql for small business

From
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
Date:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 06:54:46 -0500
Ernesto Quiñones <ernestoq@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi friends
>
> I am looking for a postgresql solution in an "appliance" for small business

I guess something like Fujitsu SX2 HA DB is beyond the budget of a small
business, but usually this is the case with an appliance which includes
high-end (and high priced) hardware. For a more affordable solution, you
should look for a virtualized iso image, too.

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
<alberto@unex.es>

Re: postgresql for small business

From
Eric Pierce

On 11/19/14, 6:54 AM, "Ernesto Quiñones" <ernestoq@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi friends
>
>I am looking for a postgresql solution in an "appliance" for small
>business
>
>know somebody who is selling this kind of solutions?
>
>thanks
>
>--

If you are OK with a cloud based solution, Amazon RDS might be a decent
fit for you.  We have a couple of small DB deployed there and it works
well.

Re: postgresql for small business

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 11/19/2014 03:54 AM, Ernesto Quiñones wrote:
> Hi friends
>
> I am looking for a postgresql solution in an "appliance" for small business

Appliance has multiple meanings these days. Are you looking for a
software 'appliance' or a complete hardware solution?

What do you want this appliance to do?

Does the OS matter?

--
Adrian Klaver