is there a way log last query in pg_stat_activity

From
Si Chen
Date:
I'm using Postgresql 9.0, and my pg_stat_activity.query seems to always be showing <IDLE> when no query is being run.

Is there a way for it to show the last query, even if it was run a while ago?

--
Si Chen
Open Source Strategies, Inc.

Unify social, email, and business communications with opentaps CRM2 for Android, iPad/iPhone, Gmail - It's Free!

Re: is there a way log last query in pg_stat_activity

Date:
Si Chen <sichen@opensourcestrategies.com> writes:
> I'm using Postgresql 9.0, and my pg_stat_activity.query seems to always be
> showing <IDLE> when no query is being run.

> Is there a way for it to show the last query, even if it was run a while
> ago?

More recent versions act that way.  There is no way to make 9.0.x do it
short of patching the source code.

            regards, tom lane