converting a N rows table to a 1 row table ?

From
Arup Rakshit
Date:
Hi,

One query is producing the below table :-

answer |  count  |  avg
  a1       3         14
  a2       2         10

How to convert this to a single row table ?

count | avg_a1  | avg_a2
  5       14       10

Regards,
Arup Rakshit

Re: converting a N rows table to a 1 row table ?

From
Pujol Mathieu

One query is producing the below table :-

answer |  count  |  avg
  a1       3         14
  a2       2         10

How to convert this to a single row table ?

count | avg_a1  | avg_a2
  5       14       10

Regards,
Arup Rakshit
Hi,
Could you have multiple row with same answer ?
If I understand you one row and N + 1 column where N is the number of answer ?
Regards

Re: converting a N rows table to a 1 row table ?

From
Chris Curvey

One query is producing the below table :-

answer |  count  |  avg
  a1       3         14
  a2       2         10

How to convert this to a single row table ?

count | avg_a1  | avg_a2
  5       14       10

Regards,
Arup Rakshit

select count(*)
, avg(case when answer='a1' then whatever_value else null end) as avg_a1
, avg(case when answer='a2' then whatever_value else null end) as avg_a2
from my_table

--
I asked the Internet how to train my cat, and the Internet told me to get a dog.

Re: converting a N rows table to a 1 row table ?

From
Arup Rakshit

Could you have multiple row with same answer ?
If I understand you one row and N + 1 column where N is the number of answer ?
Regards

You are right. Current it is fixed 2 answer. It means N = 2.