I have a Java application that is using Postgres 9.1, and we use the latest 9.1 JDBC driver.
The same Java app requires access now to a Redshift cluster. Amazon recommends to use a Postgres 8 JDBC driver for connecting to Redshift.

Can I load both drivers in the same application ?

I currently use the Apache database connection pool configured through Tomcat's context.xml to load the driver and handle the connection pool.

-Jorge

I have a Java application that is using Postgres 9.1, and we use the latest 9.1 JDBC driver.
The same Java app requires access now to a Redshift cluster. Amazon recommends to use a Postgres 8 JDBC driver for connecting to Redshift.

Can I load both drivers in the same application ?

I currently use the Apache database connection pool configured through Tomcat's context.xml to load the driver and handle the connection pool.

-Jorge

Can you easily isolate the two?  i.e. can you easily know which driver you want for each db access.  If so, I suspect some classloader games are in your future. If not, tell Amazon you'll be moving to Rackspace.
Ya, they probably don't like that we use server side prepared statements

Might be possible to just mess with classpath's to get it done.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca