Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
Susan Cassidy
Date:
Is there any free or cheap software that will read in DDL and output a graphic display of it?  Preferably showing links for foreign keys.

I know about Erwin, but it is too expensive.

Thanks,
Susan

Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
Karsten Hilbert
Date:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 08:45:44AM -0800, Susan Cassidy wrote:

> Is there any free or cheap software that will read in DDL and output a
> graphic display of it?  Preferably showing links for foreign keys.

pg_autodoc

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
salah jubeh
Date:
Sparx architect
Regards

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:52 PM, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 08:45:44AM -0800, Susan Cassidy wrote:

> Is there any free or cheap software that will read in DDL and output a
> graphic display of it?  Preferably showing links for foreign keys.

pg_autodoc

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
Bartosz Dmytrak

try DBVisualizer

Bartek

Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
Paul Jungwirth
Date:
I use this script on an Ubuntu system:

#!/bin/bash

set -eu

postgresql_autodoc -d example_dev -u example_dev -h localhost
--password=xxxxxxxx
dot -Tpng -o example-schema.png example_dev.dot
dot -Tpdf -o example-schema.pdf example_dev.dot

That gives you a schema diagram in pdf, png, dia, and dot format,
including foreign keys. It also exports the table and column info as
html and xml.

I'm pretty sure you can install postgresql_autodoc with apt-get, but I
don't recall for sure now.

Good luck!
Paul

--
_________________________________
Pulchritudo splendor veritatis.

Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
Susan Cassidy
Date:
It doesn't appear that DBVisualizer does an ER type diagram, which is what I really need.

Thanks,
Susan

Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From
bricklen
Date: